Repeat prescriptions can either be requested:
- order your repeat prescription online
- by post to: Amwell Surgery
Herts EN11 8FG
- by fax to: 01992 708698
- by bringing the re-order slip in and posting into the designated box at reception
Orders via the surgery
- If you use the right hand side of your prescription form to order your repeat, please make sure you only tick the medicines you need.
- Prescriptions will be kept at the surgery for collection unless they are accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope.
- If you are requesting your medication early for any reason please let us know why, when you place the order.
- Please allow 2 working days before collecting your repeat prescription. Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are not working days so please plan ahead.
Orders via the local chemists
- Most of the local chemists offer a service which allows our patients to order repeat prescriptions directly at the chemist.
- Patients must register with the chemist first. Once registered, repeat prescriptions can be ordered by phoning or writing to the chemist. The chemist will then either arrange for you to collect the prescription from the surgery or will collect it on your behalf so that the medication will be waiting for collection at the chemist.
- For further information regarding this service please either check with your chemist or ask our receptionists.
A new way to get your medicines
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
To sign-up for this service please complete our online form.