There is an excellent team of community nursing staff comprising of a Community Matron, Community Nurses and Community Nursing Assistants.
They provide nursing services for our housebound patients including;
- Wound dressing and management
- Acute/chronic illness management
- Continence care/assessment
- Palliative care for patients with cancer
- Catheter management problems
Referrals to the district nurses can be made by the patients Doctor, Social Services and Hospitals when they are discharging the patient home.
Hoddesdon Health Visiting Team
Health Visitors are nurses with a specialist qualification in child development, health promotion, health education and aspects of public/community health.
The Health Visitors and Community Nursery Nursing Team are based at Hoddesdon Health Centre and work with families with children under 5 years old. They can help support you with health and social issues which may arise during family life
.The Health Visiting team work closely with your Doctor, other Health Professionals and Social Services (children, schools and families).You can access the Health Visiting Team;
- by telephone between 8:30am – 5pm on 01992 474682
- by arranging for them to visit you in your own home
- at one of the weekly clinics they run (listed below)
- Monday afternoon – Breast feeding clinic
- Tuesday morning – Well Baby Clinic
- Wednesday afternoon – Well baby Clinic
The Health Visitor always visits you after you have had a baby, and will invite you to bring your child to developmental assessments.
Some of the areas that the Health Visiting Team can offer support in are;
- new baby support
- multiple birth support
- postnatal depression
- childhood obesity
- child behavioural issues
- eating problems
- breast feeding